Monday, March 15, 2010

Rain, rain, go away.

We've been having some awful weather this past week. Since Friday it's done nothing but rain and it's now Monday night! Hopefully the sun will make an appearance soon because this weather is so gloomy.

Work has been draining, to say the least. The new management is going crazy with all of these new changes and "corporate standards". Working for a chain, of course there is the Corporate way of doing things, and then the normal way. When those big shots make these rules and "standards", I'm willing to bet most of them have never been at the bottom of the totem pole, or if they have, they've completely forgotten what it's like. To run a shift, they do not allow us to even have something or someone so simple as a Dishwasher. I understand it's not in the budget but how can we build sales if us servers have to wash dishes, wait on tables, prep desserts/entrees, etc etc. It takes away from our service and ultimately hurts our tips.

However, I have been looking for a new job more aggressively in the past week. I got a callback today on the one I want the most so I am setting up an interview in the morning. I really hope it goes well. My goal is to make this new job my priority and have serving as a second income, as opposed to my primary. Especially in these uncertain times. How I will juggle two jobs, school, and a relationship could be a challenge but it is one I am willing to take on.

Speaking of school, I did not so much as open a book during spring break last week and I have class tomorrow morning so I must go now to finish my essay that's due first period. See ya later!