Thursday, March 25, 2010

A bunch of thoughts.

What a long week it's been already and it's only Thursday. Right now I am in the library at school. I really should be studying and doing my Algebra home work but I still have 2 hours before my next class. I'm at a crossroads with Algebra right now. I am not doing well at all in the class. I have failed a few quizzes (thank god for extra credit though I don't really know how much it's going to help me) and took a midterm on Tuesday that I wasn't ready for. I'm pretty sure if I failed that, which is worth 25% of my grade, that I should probably drop the class and do it again this summer. I thought at the time that I might have done okay but reflecting on it now, I'm not so sure. I'll know at 4pm. If I have to do the class again, it would suck because right now financial aid is paying for it. If I withdraw from it, I'll have to pay for it next time. But it's vital to pass it because I still have one more prerequisite before I can move onto Accounting 1 & 2 which I need to get my Associates in Marketing. I think I'm doing fairly well in my other classes, on the up side of things.

I went for my second interview yesterday for my prospectively new job. The job is working with people with disabilities, which is something I have always wanted to do. A friend of mine has been working for the organization for almost 10 years and let me use her name as my reference. Both interviews went very well. We are now just reviewing my options to see which program I will fit best in. It looks like right now they will be able to start me out with about 20 hours but in April there is a chance I could pick up a full-time position. The woman I interviewed with yesterday said something that brightened my day. If I take the full-time position, it would include the best benefits around. Blue Cross for medical. Paid Holidays, Sick Time, Vacation, Overtime. All things I've never had before because I've been waitressing since high school. She also told me it'd be my chance to tell the shitty restaurant I work for to "go pound sand". Sounds like an amazing idea to me.

I sat down with my boss on Monday when I went to pick up my check. He apologized for cutting my hours. He gave me a hug, told me to keep on his ass to make sure he gave me enough hours. I know he's got a lot going on but is it my responsibility to hold his hand while he writes the schedule? If I'm so "important" then why can't he remember to do this on his own. I don't know. Things around there are so shady. I got a call back on another waitress job but I'm hesitant on returning the call. But maybe I should just do it, just to check things out. It couldn't hurt. I just really want that other job and say goodbye to serving. Speaking of, I pulled a double yesterday. They were super short handed and I need the money. Plus I thought it'd look good for my case. It was good money but 13 hours at that place is far too much.

Anyway, guess it's time for me to get to studying. Ciao for now!