Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life is good.

Good evening. My laptop is like a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode. Well that's how I feel about it ever since I dropped it on pavement yesterday. I was at school and stopped by car to unload a couple of books from my very heavy backpack. Apparently after I took some books out, I never zipped it back up fully because the minute I put it on my back, my laptop fell out. I couldn't do anything but laugh. That nervous, pissed off, mad laugh. What else was I gonna do? The damage (literally) had already been done. I went inside, took a deep breath and pushed the on button. It actually turned on. I couldn't believe it. But now, unfortunately, it has a bunch of weird quirks. It buzzes loudly, turns off randomly, gets really hot, etc.. So like I said, it's like a time bomb and could fail at any time..  So like the tech fiend that I am, I went and ordered a Netbook today. I'll be picking it up either tomorrow or Friday. I just want to try it out. That way if this bad boy decides to shit the bed, I'll have a backup. No way am I going back to the desktop.
Other than that little mishap, this has been a good week so far. I finished my employment @ Friendly's on Sunday. Of course not without great catastrophe. I got a muscle crap in my lower back around 12:30pm so I stopped taking tables and went to the hospital. The pain was excruciating and I was scared. The doctor said it was nothing major but I do have a follow-up on Friday just to make sure everything is okay. They gave me some good meds to deal with the pain though which was very helpful.
It is so weird not going to Friendly hell every morning. It's so odd that I can sleep in until pretty much anytime that I feel like crawling out of bed. I'm not going to get too comfortable doing that only because I can't just sleep and work. I have to get other stuff done in the meantime. I want to get into a routine, maybe squeeze in the gym bright and early. We'll see. I love my new job. I had my first shift on my own tonight, no training. It went really well. Next week I start full-time and also have trainings which will be great in the paycheck. Speaking of, I get my first direct deposit on Friday. I'm psyched. I'm gonna miss the cash everyday, I have to admit. But I'll adjust.

Okay, enough procrastinating. Off to write a paper I go, and finish studying for my Marketing final tomorrow. Goodnight!