Thursday, May 6, 2010

Killin' Time.

It's been a beautiful month of May so far. The weather has been grand. I've been to the beach twice this week already! The life changes I've been making have also been strengthening my mood and outlook. It's sweet relief to know that I'm not going to be a waitress for the rest of my life. That's the way things were looking until now. Not that there's anything wrong with that if that's what you want to do, but it's not for me. I've gotten to the point where I have 2 more days left and I don't even want to go. I do need the cash though. I'm in a great mood at work and everyone knows why. If someone wants to be pissed at me because I can't get their burger medium rare for them, it's okay. (stupid company policy if you ask me anyway) I'm not worried about negative customer surveys being sent into corporate anymore for fear that my hours may be cut. I never got a negative response in 6 years. Maybe I should try? Haha. Maybe not. I can finally unsubscribe from all of those spam emails I receive from CareerBuilders and SnagAJob, thank god because they fill up my inbox like you wouldn't believe.
My new job is going great so far. I'm getting to know everyone pretty well and we're starting to feel comfortable with each other. My official job title is a Direct Support Professional. That's the fancy name for it anyway. In a nutshell, I work in a group home with individuals with disabilities who need 24 support. There's only 3 of them so it's not hard to handle, and there's always 2 staff on at all times unless you do overnights. I just can't believe I'm getting paid to go for walks, take trips, go to the playground, etc! It's more involved than that, of course but those are a couple of the things we get to do on the clock. I love it. I'm so happy to be able to make a difference in the life of someone else.
Right now I am procrastinating. I'm in the library at school and should really be working on my Marketing project and/or my essay for English since finals are next week. I'm looking forward to having a 3 month break from school. It's coming at a good time. I guess I shouldn't waste anymore time and get going on those things. See ya later!