Sunday, May 2, 2010

I have some wonderful news!

I'm such a bad blogger. Maybe that's why I don't have many followers. Or maybe I don't blog much because of that reason. I'd say it's a good mixture of the two. Life has been super hectic lately. Believe it or not, days go by where I don't even turn on my laptop which is not like me at all.
I got a new job! Yes, finally. As of this coming Sunday, Mother's Day, it will be my last day. Thank god. This has been long awaited. I got a full-time (with excellent benefits!) at a center for people with special needs. I now work at a 24 hour support group home. I began last monday and it's been great! I've been spending a lot of time getting to know the people and my new coworkers. Last night we had a picnic at a park and played on the playground. And I got paid for doing it! I just can't believe that's work! I'll take it. I've spent too long working a job where I had to work my ass off just to get by. This job has all of the perks. On top of benefits, I accrue sick time and vacation time! 3 weeks a year! Isn't that amazing? haha. I'm still so flabbergasted by the whole thing. If I could afford to, I would just take this whole week off but that's just not in the numbers for me. But it's okay. I'll be able to say goodbye to all of my customers.
Next week are finals at school. Because of that, I think everything will transition quite nicely. I will finish out the semester and be able to put 100% into my new job. That way when the Fall semester starts, I will be adjusted.  Well anyway, I'm gonna go and work on my assignments. Talk to you soon!