Sunday, January 10, 2010

My favorite thing about Sundays are PostSecret.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Overall I really don't have any bitching to do because this weekend went fairly well. I made pretty good money and everyone was super nice which is rare. I had a few generous customers which I definitely appreciated!

The job search is forever ongoing. There really are no jobs. I have been keeping my eyes peeled searching the papers, indeed.com, craigslist, monster, etc etc but to no avail. Guess I'll just keep playing the Powerball. lol.

I did have a strange dream last night about work though. It was a normal morning of waiting for customers and bitching & complaining with the cook about management/staff/customers/life. The lights started to flicker and the grill shut off. The cook tried resetting the breaker. Soon after that, the lights went dim. So I'm at a table serving food and come back to the service aisle when the lights went completely out. I remember everyone shuffling to get out of the building but I was searching for my purse in the dark. I started getting light headed and everyone was calling for me to get out. So finally I find my bag and head outside here I find everyone else sitting on the sidewalk and the cook tells me we've been exposed to carbon monoxide. So we're all sitting there waiting for the ambulances and fire trucks to arrive and people are telling me I need to get checked out because I don't look good. I remember the fear, it was so strong. I remembered how people say that carbon monoxide is a silent killer so I started to panic and kept saying "I should've quit this hellhole. OMG I hate this place". Then I woke up. Isn't that strange?

Totally relative to the dream, I do hate the place. I need to get out. I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on better experiences by staying. The job is so redundant and mindless and I need something more stimulating. I wish opportunity would knock soon! The search continues.

And with that said, I just remembered that it's Sunday and time to head over to PostSecret! One of my favorite things about Sundays!