Friday, January 8, 2010

Living Oprah?

So I am browsing around the Forbes.com website to familiarize myself with it because my Marketing Professor aka my advisor has suggested doing so to prepare for our class that starts in two weeks. While doing so, I stumbled upon an article about a woman who decided for a whole year that she would live by standards suggested by the "queen of media" aka Oprah. The woman stresses the fact that the suggestions Oprah made for living made me her sad and at times inadequate. I wonder why?

Don't get me wrong, I like Oprah. I can't hate on her for doing what she does and have watched her show once or twice but to "Live Oprah" for a whole year seems a little foolish. First of all, the woman has billions of dollars. This means there are no limits on what she can do. She may have been living on less at some time or another but it was years and years ago and she hasn't the slightest clue on what it's like to live in the middle or shall I say, lower class in today's economy. And not only that, she's giving relationship and sex advice! She's not even married. I'm just going to take a wild guess and say this "Living Oprah" lifestyle isn't exactly coming from Oprah herself, if you know what I mean. The writers of her show develop these ways in which they're telling you (or shall I say suggesting) you to live. And from what this poor woman says in the article, don't waste your valuable time.

Here's a link to the article. Living Oprah For A Year