Sunday, October 9, 2011

I can't wait until I have before & after pics!

I've spent the last couple of days gearing myself up to begin eating healthy again. Back in May, I started going to a new obgyn. In the future I will research before I start a new doctor because that was my first and last visit with her. Her english was so broken that I could barely understand her and she was just downright rude. She told me I am "morbidly obese". I understand that is a clinical term but what an awful word that "morbid" is. When I think "morbid", I think "death" instantly. I clearly understand that my BMI classifies me in that category but the way she spoke to me was demeaning. I left that appointment in tears and called my best friend to say I was done being fat. I immediately went to the grocery store and bought salad supplies. I did great for about a month and probably lost about 15 pounds. Everything was fitting "loosely" and I could squeeze into sizes I haven't gotten past my thighs in years. I became so confident that I started to reward myself with food.

Since then I've probably gained that weight back and then some. I need to take control again and not give up. I need to lose about 100lbs. The weather has been so beautiful this weekend that I felt so inspired to start walking again. Yesterday I walked to the end of my road and back which is just about a mile and a half total. What do I do today? Make some delicious apple crisp. Here I go rewarding myself again. But at least it's fruit, right? I did only have a 6 inch @ Subway today so I'm sure a little sliver of apple crisp won't be too bad. What I've learned in the past is I can't have a strict "diet", it just doesn't work for me. I need to eat healthy and really emphasize the term "healthy" rather than "diet".

I might try having instant oatmeal for breakfast and lunch, then have a healthy dinner no later than 7pm. It's worth a shot. I just need to find something that works for me and stick to it. I want to look good again. I no longer recognize that person in pictures that is supposed to be myself.

Cheers to eating healthy and finding my way back over to the OTHER side of the store. :-)