Saturday, October 8, 2011

Finally on the right track.

I'm finally at a point in my life where everything seems to be headed in the right direction. I have a wonderful boyfriend and next month marks our 5 year anniversary. That alone is just amazing to me. He's a great guy and he makes me so happy. But enough about all of that, I finally have goals that seem obtainable. I'm at the half way mark of achieving my Associate's Degree in Business Administration. I took this semester off and have been beating myself up over it ever since. I'm done taking off any time from school, it's time to buckle down and get that degree. I need it to move forward in my life.

Though I need the degree to get further and obtain a job I love, it feels good to know that things are on the right track. I love the clients I'm working with and it feels great to be making a difference in their lives but it's just not a permanent job for me. I feel like there's a reason I'm there. I've always known I wanted to work with people with developmental disabilities and I just feel like when the time comes to move on, I'll have felt a sense of accomplishment from this job. I've learned so much in the year and a half that I've already been there. The benefits are wonderful and the organization I work for really cares about their employees. The pay is not that great but it's a far cry from waiting tables. I'm really thankful those days are long gone.

Speaking of waitressing, Friendly's has gone bankrupt. There wasn't any job security when I worked there for those 6 years so I can't even imagine working there now when they've closed down a long list of stores. I'm sure there's even more on the chopping block. While I feel terrible for my friends that do still work there, I hope this will give them an opportunity to venture out and get away from that hell hole. I'm not bitter over that place, I swear! ;-)

Anyway friends, I need to get going with my day so I'll talk to you soon!