Thursday, October 6, 2011

R.I.P. Steve Jobs.

I've never in my lifetime owned an Apple computer but I am a bit familiar with them as my best friend growing up always had one. I've always been a PC girl but I do have to say that I would love to get one in the near future.

The world lost a great man yesterday. Steve Jobs, the former CEO and co-founder of Apple & Pixar Animation Studios died yesterday. He struggled with Pancreatic Cancer and also had a tumor removed in 2009 . He stepped down from his position of CEO @ Apple just about 6 weeks ago. He must've known he didn't have much time. I never knew much about the man until I heard he had resigned and I've learned a lot about him, along with the rest of the world, now that he has passed away.

If you don't know much about him, or even if you do, I recommend watching the video below. It's a commencement speech he made in 2005 and is truly inspirational. That man was the epitome of living your dreams. He's certainly inspired me. He changed the world by inventing the Apple computer and opening the door for his competitors. He gave us digital music in the form of the iPod, the iTunes store, the amazing iPad, and the iPhone, my personal favorite. He also saved Apple when they were nearly bankrupt in 1996 and led them into being the most valuable company in the world presently. He accomplished so much in his short 56 years. He's now high in the ranks with Thomas Edison and Einstein which I completely agree with. If it weren't for Steve Jobs, we wouldn't have this technology that we can longer live without. 


REST IN PEACE STEVE JOBS
1955 - 2011