Saturday, April 14, 2012

Las Vegas bound.

This time tomorrow I will be on a 3 hour layover in Milwaukee, half way through my trip to Las Vegas! Right now I'm taking a break from last minute errands, cleaning, and packing. In a couple of hours I will be boarding a train Boston bound to spend the night with my friends that I am going on vacation with.

This vacation is so necessary. Work has been wicked stressful and my mind just needs a break. I'm a little nervous about the flights but I know we'll be just fine. I am a nervous flyer. I work myself up over it especially in the last 24 hours before takeoff. I did just finish a book that was super helpful and rational. I am absolutely fascinated with the amazing art of flying. I love taking off and landing, it's such an adrenaline rush. It's the turbulence that gets my nerves going. I used to fly when I was younger and never had a fear. I've just developed this anxiety in the last 5 years. It's hard to put a finger on the how and why but I'm thinking it has everything to do with my brother's death. I do have Vicodin this time so that should help with the anxiety.  I guess I used to have no fear and now death is such a real thing; I always assume/expect the worst which I know is not the way to look at it. I need to see it for what it is. Thousands of planes fly everyday and everyone is safe. The flight crew and pilots do this everyday for their jobs. I need to focus on the fact that we are so lucky to fly and the ability to do so is simply amazing!

Anyway, just wanted to drop in with an update. I will definitely blog when I return with pics and details. Have a great week friends!!