Friday, July 23, 2010

Size 10 = Plus Size? I think not!

Being a full-figured woman, I am appalled hear that Crystal Renn is being considered a plus size model at a size 10! I hadn't even heard of her until just recently so searched for her on Google Images. While it's clear to me that she's fluctuated with her weight over the years, she certainly is not plus sized at the moment. There's a lot of media attention on the fact that she was photo-shopped to look like a size 2.

A size 10 is definitely not even close to plus size. In fact a 10 is still on the "skinny" side of the store, if you're lucky enough to find a store that has "plus sizes". No wonder women have so many weight issues. Who decides what's plus size? The fashion world?  If it were up to them, we'd all have to be a size 2, 4 or *gasp* a 6!

All I want to know is if a 10 is fat than what the hell am I. Check out this this article to see just what I'm talking about. I think Crystal Renn is a beautiful woman and she looks beautiful no matter what her pant size is.