Thursday, October 29, 2009

This too shall pass.

I love my days off. They're my favorite time of the week!

Work still sucks. It's so unbearably slow. I'm lucky to have the schedule that I want, where I open the restaurant, work until it dies down and get cut first. That way if it's dead, I don't end up having to stay and stand around until the next girl comes in. I spent too many years being that person who has to wait. The down side, most days I'm out by noon. That's how slow we are.

I have applied to so many places and haven't gotten one response. I've redone my resume a couple times over to make sure it's on par. I wish there was an opportunity out there for me. I have so much to offer in a job where I can work to my full potential instead of being stuck working for a company that considers you nothing but a "number". Regardless of the fact that I've been there for 5 years. That's longer than all of the management.

But this is why I'm in college. I'm going to do great things with my life. I just can't wait to look back on this time in my life. Everything else is great except my job! I have a wonderful boyfriend of 3 years, a great house to live in, amazing family & friends, etc. But I hate my job. It's time to move on with this phase in my life. If I could find something a little more stable I'd feel so much better about things.