Thursday, August 28, 2014

Yet another weight loss epiphany.

Tomorrow is as good as any day to start my path towards a healthier life. 

I'm 29 and going to be 30 in 6 months. I need to go into my 30s as a much healthier person. Its time to really buckle down and figure out how to "win" this battle. 

Recently a friend and I were discussing how he needs to quit smoking and how difficult it is for him. Some people smoke, some people drink- we all have our vices. I am addicted to food. That's crazy, right? It sure sounds like it since we all need food to live. I need it to live and I need it for emotional support, for fun, for so many reasons that are unneccessary. I acknowledge that but that doesn't stop me from going to the bakery. Just like my friend who quit smoking for 3 months but is now lighting one up twice daily. 

I spoke with a Dietician today who served partly as a friend and also as a shrink. i said things outloud to her that I hadn't said before but were so true. I need be an adult about this and start living a healthy lifestyle. I need to start small but at least it's something. My goal is to lose 100 lbs- It's going to be a long road. Feel free to follow me down this path.